Topic

meetup.com

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Justin Chaussee

@judach

Locale: Earth

Has anyone ever used meetup.com to find a hiking group?

I was fiddling around on the internet, trying to find a local hiking group, and this website came up. I haven't even heard of it since I ran into it by mistake. First of all, does anyone participate in group hikes? If so, have you tried this meetup site? and if so… Is it any good? Any info is helpful since I know nothing about it. thanks!

Roleigh Martin
    BPL Member

@marti124

Locale: Founder & Lead Moderator, https://www.facebook.com/groups/SierraNorthPCThikers

meetup.com has a very slick, impressive group/meeting organizational software and I'm really impressed with how it facilitates group hiking, etc. The Minneapolis/St Paul backpacker's meetup group is very active and gets in a lot of hiking on the superior hiking trail and other places. Try it out, it can be good and the more deep enthusiasts of the sport get into it, the better it will get.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools