Topic

Dirty Devil South, early April

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Dirty Devil South, early April

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

As in Allen's, from Canyoneering 2.Dirty Devil South topo

I'm aiming to hike it in three days, starting around the 31st of March. I'll do it solo regardless, but would love to meet a like-minded hiker.

For those unfamiliar, this is a tough off trail loop. Most do it in a week. Based on prior experience three days will be a reasonable pace, blending fast and light hiking with time to take pictures and hang out drinking tea and taking in the views.

les lloyd
    BPL Member

@denaliguide

Locale: new zealand & alaska

this loop has been on my mind for years. have fun and let us hear how it was. don't know if you are a member of another forum or not. bogley.com. it is a utah site with people who have huge amounts of experience all over the state. you can ask for beta and post trip reports and photos for all to see. i am a member here and there. well worth it. hope water isn't to hard to find.

i was looking at your map and it looks the same as mine. did you use topo! to make it?

Dave T

@davet

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Les, I must confess I stole it off a Google image search. It may well be yours.

I've gotten to the point where I try to not overload on beta when going into trips, keeps it more exciting. Else I'd look into other forums.

I shall indeed report back. Already planning meals in my head.

les lloyd
    BPL Member

@denaliguide

Locale: new zealand & alaska

no, i know the map is not mine. i should have said it looked similar. i have never posted any of my maps on the web. make sure to pay close attention to the description of the potential water sources in allens book. it sounded like some will be a ways apart.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

I've siphoned out of enough muddy, hand-dug holes in the Grand Canyon, Escalante, etc to mind such things. I intend to go from the last source all the way to the TH on the last day.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools