Topic

Marmot Atom Bag (long)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Marmot Atom Bag (long)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Scott Peterson

@scottalanp

Locale: Northern California

Backcountry Gear has the Marmot Atom (long) on sale for $187. Seems like a great deal for a bag that normally runs $249. Pertex Quantum and 900 fill seems to indicate top-of-the-line materials. It is rated to 40 degrees, but in a bivy or tent, it has to go lower than that. I noticed that Marmot has the weight for the 6’6″ model pegged at 20 ounces where the site selling it has it at 24.

http://www.backcountrygear.com/catalog/bagdetail.cfm?PRODUCTS__ProductID=MA1807

Dan Reynolds

@bookemdano

I just bought a Regular…nice bag. Marmot says it’s 16oz but mine is actually 18oz. I don’t mind the extra 2 oz of loft. It’s a snug fit though…I’m about 200lbs currently (working toward 170 by summer) and it’s “just” big enough. Fits well in a Med Integral Designs silsack without too much compression. The black stuffsack that comes with it is not UL but it does compress it small which would be handy for a small pack.

Aaron Sorensen
    BPL Member

@awsorensen

Locale: South of Forester Pass

A Marmot bag heavy!
    Has any one actually received a Marmot bag that was true to the advertised weight? The Pounder, I had to unwillingly buy, stated 16oz for the reg. Actual weight was 18.9oz.
    I think they post weights on what they wish the bag would weigh and keep the consumer dreaming.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools