Topic

new eVent bivys (“tents”) now up on RAB’s site

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) new eVent bivys (“tents”) now up on RAB’s site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andy Dixon

@sideshowandy

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Very cool! The larger one has a much higher ceiling than the Summit Extreme but the fabric is only listed as "Exchange Lite" rather than "Exchange Lite eVent". I wonder if eVent is used in this tent?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Which one is Doug talking about? The mountain bivy is exchange lite and the exchange lite icon to the left says it is event. I think it is event.

David Ure

@familyguy

Integral Designs is apparently coming out with their version in the late spring that is said to be for two people and weight right around 3 pounds. Evan has been tight lipped and terse about letting any specifics out in the market as he believes that there my be copycats. Having said that, Rab is first to market with this line.

(edited to correct weight)

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

What will ID's be, silnylon floor with single layer event walls? With crossover poles there is no way they can hit 2 pounds with a 2 person floored event shelter.

Even the Golite utopia 1, floorless and silnylon walls, is right at 2 pounds.

David Ure

@familyguy

Sorry John, – I hit the wrong key – 3 pounds. I will edit.

This is what I know so far:

-2 person shelter.
    -most of the height at the entrance or just aft.
    -long enough for 6'3" person.
    -crossing pole – type structure.
    -dual upper vents like the MK series.
    – 3ply eVent with 30d floor and 70d as an option.

Woubeir (from Europe)
    BPL Member

@woubeir

Doug,
    Exchange Lite is just a propriatory name used by RAB. It used to be gore-tex but now they use eVENT. Just go to the Exchange Lite logo on the left and everything will be reveiled.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

That Summit Mountain Bivi has to be the new world record holder for the largest 2 person bivi on the market.
    In-between the Bibler I and the Eldorado in size, the 222cm (87") floor length is good news, appears lighter than both.
    The Rab is listed at 71 oz 9 inc stakes ?)
    Franco
    I bet that GE will never find it under "bivi"

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools