Topic

confusion with Ray Way

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear confusion with Ray Way

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Thorben Löhl

@borgefjell-1

My experience with Ray is quite different – I ordered his tarp-kit some month ago and never experienced a better customer-service also I had a lot of extra-wishes for the delivery. If the tarp (which I´m going to sew this weekend) is as good as the service, this will be quite a good entrance in the ul-backpacking for me. I´m looking forward to it!

Anonymous

I’d like to order several of Ray’s soon to be released finished products, but I’m banned. Guess I’ll have to spend my money on this website instead.

Elliott Wolin
    BPL Member

@ewolin

Locale: Hampton Roads, Virginia

Not sure why everyone is having problems…I purchased a tarp kit a while back with no book if my memory serves me. I priced the materials and the kit price was better. I bought a “seconds” tarp kit, cosmetic flaws only so they said, and so it seems. I’m in the middle of making it now…

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

> Not sure why everyone is having problems…

Don’t know about “everyone”; I haven’t had any problems with Ray-Way either, and I’m very happy with my kits (bomber hat and quilt completed, tarp and net-tent pending).

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

For several months I had been unable to connect to any Ray Jardine webpages on his website – until recently. I was getting an error message that said that I did NOT have permission to access that website. It was only from home and not from any PCs at work.

I’ve tried from time to time to connect, since I enjoy persuing his website, reading his writings, and hope to buy finished products from Mr. Jardine if and when he decides to make them available. Hopefully, he will soon do this.

It has been about two week now since I discovered that I once again have access to his website.

All I can say is “Thank you Mr. Jardine” and I mean that sincerely.

P. Todd Foster

@ptoddfaol-com

I posted some complimentary remarks about Ray when we thought he was all but dead and gone. Defended him as the true pioneer of UL. On BPL Forums too, so he reads this stuff. Found I couldn’t get to any of his site addresses after that. Still can’t. Get back a 403 Forbidden Error.

Once in a while I use an anonymizer site to get past his filter and see what’s up.

I don’t want any of his current gear or books, I think he’s stuck in the last ice age, but if I did I’d just snail order them.

Best, Todd in CC.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

I wonder if Ray has some kind of website problem, or Todd has a browser problem. Todd is an AOL user, and it’s unlikely that he’s stayed at the same IP address for such a long time, or that Ray has hidden a ‘banned’ cookie in Todd’s browser. I also have posted about Ray and Ray-Way products for the last few years, including on BPL, and I’ve never had any problem viewing his website or been ‘banned’.

> I think he’s stuck in the last ice age

Looks like Ray and Jennie are heading for the South Pole (they’re almost to S83*) using home-built UL gear. Seems like a cutting-edge application to me.

http://www.rayjardine.com/nft/index.php

Linsey Budden

@lollygag

Locale: pugetropolis

The most confusing thing to me is that on more than one occasion, I had no trouble whatsoever ordering tarp-kits only (without the book). The kit is listed and priced on the order form with and without the book. Are you sure you're not getting declined when the store is closed for the NFT (next fun trip)?

Viewing 8 posts - 26 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools