Topic

Montane Featherlite wind pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Montane Featherlite wind pants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julian Plamann

@julianp

Locale: San Francisco

Just wanted to give a heads up that I found what seems to be the best deal at the moment for getting Montane Featherlite (4oz) windpants in the US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=260193274763&Category=64687

I just bought a pair and they came to $49 including shipping from the UK to California. That Ebay user has something like 55 in stock of all sizes. Almost every other source I found on the web was about $70 and 90% were out of stock.

These seem pretty nice from what I've read… Same weight as the Golite Whim, nice and breathable, and have zippers on the side that allow you to put them on without taking off your shoes which is a huge advantage in my opinion. I couldn't find a single other ultralight windpant that had this feature.

Peter Gurin

@intheswim

I wonder if the Montane are basically the same as the Montbells except with zippers.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Different fabric, different fit, different weight. The montane will be more breathable. The Montane fitting is goofy. I am a medium by their chart (31 waist, 31 inseam), but I need a large to even wear it over hiking pants. I'd prefer an extra large in the future. Size up for Montane windpants unless fitting has changed from when I bought in about 2005.

Peter Gurin

@intheswim

Good to know…

I also have a 31" waist and would of thought myself to be a medium.

J B
    BPL Member

@johannb

Locale: Europe

Peter,

if you are interested, my Montane Atomic DT pants are 100 cm long in medium.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools