Topic

Golite Jam Users

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Golite Jam Users

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ray Dunham

@raymond

Locale: SE US

I am interest in the new Golite Jam. I have a 30 inch waist and want to be able to cinch it tight. Would I be able to do that? I am concerned the padded hip belt would wrap too far around my waist. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Ray,

I have a 31" inch waist….maybe 32" and I have the 2008 Jam2 in large and it fits me fine.

That said, there is very little room left for me to cinch it up further.

I think that 30" would be limit for the large.

An alternative for the Jam2 is the more expensive, but lighter, MLD Exodus….too me, they are essentially the same design.

-Tony

James Lantz
    BPL Member

@jameslantz

Locale: North Georgia

Ray,
    You may also want to take a look at the new Gossamer Gear Gorilla. It seems to be similar to my friend's Jam 2 but has the advantage of 3 pack sizes plus 3 hip belt sizes with the hip belt being removable. You can therefore use any combination of pack/hip belt. The Gossamer Gear pack also has the option of foam padding for both the shoulder straps & hip belt which are both also removable in case you want to use gloves, socks, or nothing in your straps or belt. If you want a larger pack than the Gorilla, look at the Mariposa Plus. I own both & love them both.
    Nonetheless, GoLite makes great products & my friend likes his Jam 2 so I don't think you would go wrong with either choice.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools