Topic

12oz 1950 ci tnf

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 12oz 1950 ci tnf

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside
    Derek Cox
    Spectator

@derekcox

Locale: Southeast

I like it. Looks kind of like a cross between a golite ion and several mld/gg/smd/rei flash kind of packs. Is this new or has anyone had any experience with this pack?

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

I've been searching tnf website once a month for years waiting for this to come back out. At this price it may be my ultimate pack. I still love my ION but it falls short of a one bag type pack. Ok i'm wierd but I am a minimulist and cant stand having too much stuff. Ali

Christopher Taggart
    BPL Member

@ctaggart

Locale: Western PA

Looks like a great pack. Is it brand new? I can only find 2 websites that sell it.

Dave T

@davet

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

I dont think I can pass on this one. I'll do a review when I get some time. Ali

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

Hey

Whats the model name of this pack?

Thanks Jim

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

On sale at backcountry.com if you use the code that is posted on another thread. You can get it for $35.37 with the 40% discount.

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Really what thread?

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Thread

But the code has since been disabled.

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

ARGG :( Still a great deal at full price. Just curious is the MLD really dynema or just dymema ripstop patern? Is there even a differece? I'm so confused. ali

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

It's not full Dyneema like you can get from McHale. It's 210D nylon with a Dyneema ripstop grid sewn in. Same fabric used in the GoLite UL line and the ULA packs.

jim draucker
    BPL Member

@mtnjim

Locale: Shenandoah Valley VA

I gazed upon the picture fot too long.It put me into a trance.So I pressed the submit order button:)

$35.37 at Backcountry again . I hope they find a cure

for gear addiction.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

This is not a review, but I got my $35 pack from backcountry.com today. I travel a lot for business, and thought it might be great to throw in my suitcase with a few other items. Since I often take little side trips.

Here are some pictures.

It folds into its own pouch, which becomes an inner storage pocket. It sits inside the inner pocket which will fit a GG NightLight Torso length pad (barely).

Here it is next to my ULA Conduit, which I have not unpacked from this weekend. I threw a sleeping bag into TNF pack so it would stand up. The pack is speced at 30L capacity.

It has a top lid with a storage pocket in it.

The shoulder pads have a lightweight padding in them and are 2 1/2" wide.

Has a thin waist belt.

Has a compression strap on each side.

Has two side pockets and one rear pocket. Uses some really flimsy feeling elastic inside the top seam.

Here is the top with draw cord.635

I decided to try and transfer everything from my Conduit used this weekend (quilt, bivy, poncho/tarp, Caldera stove, torso pad, clothes, etc. and it all fit. I have two empty 1L Platypus bags, and they will fit if filled with water. Pretty amazing.

Pretty good for 35 bucks. But I wouldn't take it on a weekender, without trying a couple of day hikes. I usually need to carry 4 liters of water for desert trips, so it probably would not be as comfortable as my Conduit, nor it is made a well. The material is 70D ripstop nylon, so it should be sturdy. The question is how could they construct it with quality at that price. But if I was included to move into SUL, the pack is big and light enough.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools