Topic

GG Vapor Trail modifications

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear GG Vapor Trail modifications

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cali Terrasas

@cal429258

Locale: So Cal

vapor trail pocketOk I don’t know if this is the right section or not, so just let me know if not.
    I have made only a few modifications to my pack but it seems to be working out well
    I added pockets to the top out side of the pack ( pic)
    I also removed 12 in. off the extension tube from the top and then cut extra off all straps and as in another post I have been trying to work up a new lighter belt with less padding more like shoulder straps.
    If there is any one else out there that has don some mod’s to the GG Vapor trail or Virga please let me know what you fond works or doesn’t work.. The more info the better.

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Ni Work Cali! This is very similar to the upper pocket on my Gossamer Gear Mariposa Plus. I really like it!

William Puckett

@beep

Locale: Land of 11, 842 lakes

That looks nice…an appropriate set of mods!

Has anyone modified the existing side stretch pocket(s) to allow the compression strap to go underneath the stretch fabric? If so, how'd you handle the hole fix/repair/edge of the stretch material? Can you post pics?

(FWIW, the Vapor Day Pack actually has this fix with lycra binding around the holes in the stretch fabric.)

Dale South
    BPL Member

@dsouth

Locale: Southeast

I modified the pockets on my Vapor Latitude ith slots for the strap to pass through. I just cut the slits and stitched them by hand similar to a button hole.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools