Topic

tuna can stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear tuna can stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Lovelace

@wncfly

First post here and let me say that I have enjoyed this site very much so far. I live in Western North Carolina and spend a lot of my time backcountry camping the GSMNP. Here is a very easy stove to make out of a tuna can. Plus the alcohol is a multi use item.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2290836/hobo_stove_ultralight_backpacking_build_it_in_3_minutes/

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

Great video, funny I just bought a small can of tuna today to make a new stove. I stepped on my last one. $1.00 for dinner and a new cooker, not bad. Ali

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Betcha the stove stinks of tuna every time you use it!

Cheers

Ali e

@barefootnavigator

Locale: Outside

Let me guess, youve been there done that? My last one was made with a small tin I found at my local art store but they like many small local comany's have shut thier doors. :( What would you suggest? Ali

Unknown abc

@edude

Roger, the tuna smell gets burned away, and actually, if you wash it w/ hot soap and water before punching the holes, it doesn't really smell like tuna at all.

Jonathan, you can do the exact same thing with a 3oz.Fancy Feast can for smaller pots.

-Evan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools