Topic

who was in SW Tasmania recently?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports who was in SW Tasmania recently?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

Hi,

my father (Andrew (Andy) Kilpatrick) and one of his mates (Michael) were in SW Tasmania in January for a couple of weeks. They flew into Melaleuca, and did the SW Cape Route, then the South Coast track to cockle creek.

They ran into someone with a tarp tent, and from what they described, a Caldera Cone. I figured they must surely be members of this site!

If you are on here, which TT did you have, and how did it go down there? It sounds like the weather was really really good for those couple of weeks…I know I wouldn't be game to take a TT there normally!

I'm slowly getting Dad and Michael to lighten up their gear. Dad listens to me, but the main issue is his mate is rather old school (and old) and thinks most of what I suggest is rediculous…

Cheers,

Adam

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

Adam,

I have a feeling Ben was planning a trip down that way a few months ago. Check the Aussie thread or the Hiking Partners thread.

Rod

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools