Topic

Need an inflatable pillow

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Need an inflatable pillow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Taggart
    BPL Member

@ctaggart

Locale: Western PA

I'm in need of an inflatable pillow. I simply cannot sleep without a pillow and figure that an inflatable one would probably be the lightest (with the exception of using my collapsible canteen). Could somebody recommend a light inflatable pillow? It doesn't have to be very large, just enough to keep my head off of the ground.

Unknown abc

@edude

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

im still using the Uber cheap kid's water wing (floaties)_ cut down the seam. you may find them this time of year for under $1

wrap a fleece around it and youve got a 4" thick pillow. the bpl ones are too squishy for me

Unknown abc

@edude

Your avatar is absolutely hilarious, Micheal!

cheers(pun intended)

Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

I'm a big fan of the montbell inflatable pillow. It's designed with a "divot' in the middle to keep your head from rolling off. Claimed weight is 2.3 ounces. I own 2 and one is 2.3 and the other is 2.6.

http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=33&p_id=1124290

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Recently I found the Flex Air pillow inside my "look here when you are bored" stash. Used it for a couple of nights. Very light, I guess the 1 oz/28g weight is accurate, and very comfortable. That is the two chamber version.
    I have used the water wing version as well (several) also light and I would suspect more durable. Mostly in the last few years I used the 2L wine bladder , semi inflated with some clothing wrapped around. The Flex Air is the most comfortable.
    When I have the Exped Downmat than the pillow/pump ( not the original stuff sack) comes with me. Now Exped have a nicer version of it. Still about 5 oz.
    Franco

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I got a cheap pillow in the camping section of Wallyworld, with a flannel cover and memory foam. I'm replacing the vinyl bladder in it with a flexair pillow I bought on BPL. Don't know what it weighs yet, seems light. Price was right.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I, too, require a pillow for a good night's sleep…tried the ol shoes in the stuff sack trick and it didn't work at all. So then I ordered the one-chamber BPL pillow, and it proved an immense improvement, but my head would roll off unless it was only partially inflated. The next year BPL came out with the two-chamber pillow, and it solved all the above problems. It's a keeper!

Michael Davis

@mad777

Locale: South Florida

I have the Montbell pillow. It is nicely contoured which I think is the secret to its comfort:

http://www.montbell.us/products/disp.php?cat_id=33&p_id=1124290

SANDRA GILLESPIE KRAMER

@sandykayak

Locale: South Florida

Not inflatable, but I just got this…mmmm

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___45950

2.5 oz

sandy in miami

Robert Bryant

@kg4fam

Locale: Upstate

I have never tried it, but some folk have used the bladder out of a box of wine.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

im pretty sure drinking 2L of cheap wine gives the illusion of a good pillow :)

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna

FlexAir 2 chamber gets my thumbs up. I barely inflate one chamber and use it more as a neck roll than a true pillow.

Come to think of it, I can chop it in half and make it a 14 gram/half oz pillow!

victoria maki
    BPL Member

@clt1953

Locale: northern minnesota

I'm with everyone else who has said they like the bpl double chamber pillow. I do go a few ounces more and place it under a small down pillow which goes into a light wt. pillowcase. Makes it just the right height.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools