Topic

Sewing machine belt needed

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Sewing machine belt needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Chudzinski

@oknowa

Hello,
    I just picked up an old machine that needs a belt. I did a quick google search with not much luck. The machine is a Dressmaker Model # S-2402. The old belt seems to be 12 3/4" long and 1/4" wide. The pulleys are smooth,they do not have teeth. Any help or links would be appreciated,thanks.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

If all else fails, try buying a large O-ring and using that. Yes, they are available that big. Something like BS345.

Cheers

Tony Beasley
    BPL Member

@tbeasley

Locale: Pigeon House Mt from the Castle

>If all else fails, try buying a large O-ring and using that. Yes, they are available that big. Something like BS345

It could be worth a try but I have tried o-rings in drive belt applications and for some reason they do not last very long.

Tony

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Well, the BS345 is 0.21" diameter, which is pretty strong.
    Anyhow, what's the guy to do if he can't find anything else?

Cheers

Michael Chudzinski

@oknowa

Thanks for the idea,I never would have thought of it. I am running it with 3 rubberbands right now. They are fading fast. The good news is,I found belts at a sewing repair shop for $6.95 shipped.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools