Topic

Podcast feedback appreciated

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Podcast feedback appreciated

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Bob Cartwright

@bobcartwright

Hi there all you US backpackers!

I’m not sure if this has already been mentioned on this forum (forgive me if it has) but another website in the UK aptly named the backpackinglight.co.uk, has now incorporated a ‘podcasting’ information service specifically for those interested in backpacking.

We now have over 40 interviews with different enthusiasts, walkers, adventure racers, writers and makers and shakers in the backpacking world, including Chris Townsend from TGO, Colin Prior the international photographer and Ryan Jordan, all round well known nice guy!

I’m trying to expand the free knowledge base as much as I can and always interested in feedback to improve what I do and the way we do it.

We are working in hand with Ryan to continue spreading the (relatively new idea in the UK) lightweight gospel to inspire people to get out more and enjoy what we have.

I would love to hear from you guys with your thoughts and suggestions on the content. So if you have time, do drop us a line.

Regards to all, Bob

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Hi Bob, I just finished playing your Podcast interview with Ryan. Nicely done. Maybe you should try and schedule a short interview with Ryan while he is out on his SUL Winter Challenge.

Adam McFarren

@amcfarre

Bob, I’ve enjoyed your podcasts thus far (I’ve listened to all of them over the last month or so).

As a US based backpacker, I’ve been most interested in those interviews covering the TGO Challenge, and various long distance walks in Scotland/UK.

Chris Townsend is pretty well known in the US (from his books, not magazine gear reviews), and I’d like to see another interview with him, especially if it would focus on how his approach to his long distance backpacking trips might differ these days with the lighter weight equipment.

Podcasts on the legal situation of rights of way and wild camping would be useful for those of us in the US thinking of traveling to Scotland or the UK.

Thanks for all the work you’ve put into your podcasts, I’ve learned a lot from their content.

-adam

Phil Barton
    BPL Member

@flyfast

Locale: Oklahoma

Hi Bob. Listened to several of the Podcasts this morning. Excellent job. I have subscribed to your Podcasts and look forward to hearing more. I particularly enjoyed the interviews with Ryan Jordan, Chris Townsend, and John Manning.

Bob Cartwright

@bobcartwright

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

I will definately do one on Scottish land access, UK law and the situation currently. Good idea. Cameron McNeish would be good for that one.

Chris Townsend has agreed to do more and on Monday I’ll be chatting to the designer from Montane clothing.

I would really like to get out on the trail myself and do more ‘live’ recordings, but these take a while to set up while also trying to run a commercial website.

Currently I’m making up my hit list of well known and unknown people I would like to chat to.

If there’s anyone reading this who is a user of Skype or iChat and has an adventure to share, I’m always willing to have a chat and hear your story. Doesn’t have to be US based, anywhere will do! I’m easy!!

Trying for a new sound next year and a bit more polish on the presentation, so keep listening.

Keep that feedback coming. Best wishes to all.

Bob

tkkn c
    BPL Member

@tkknc

Locale: Desert Rat in the Southwest

Two thumbs up!!

I would be interested in hearing more about the TGO Challenge/ and other treks across Scottland. It has gotten me thinking?

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

I’m sure many would appreciate hearing an interview with your countryman, Squeaky, who is working on a calendar Triple Crown right now. I think he’s about 3-400 miles from finishing, and will have taken only about 8-9 months.
    -Mark

Bob Cartwright

@bobcartwright

Hi Mark,

Great idea, but how do I get hold of him? I’ve tried Trailcast but they just caught him at a lodge somewhere.

Do you happen to know if he lives in the UK or US?

Any help appreciated [email protected]

Cheers
    Bob

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Hi Bob-

Squeaky says he’s back in England. I sent you an e-mail and sent Squeaky a PM through WhiteBlaze.net, where he is a member. That should help you corral him for an interview.

-Mark

Jeremy McDaniel

@jerm409

Locale: highest privy in the lower 48

you can also go through his trail journal account.

http://www.trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=2337

Bob Cartwright

@bobcartwright

Hi there,

Thanks for your efforts. I have now organised an interview with Squeaky next week which should be interesting as I recently heard the one he did with Trailcast.

I’m also talking to Cameron McNeish, editor of TGO magazine about land access rights in the UK and Scotland to clear up an confusion for overseas visitors.

Plus a chat with the people at the Mountain Bothys Association, which are dotted about Scotland mainly, but once again, may be confusiing for US visitors.

And finally my last interview uploaded the other day was with Chris Townsend and what he puts in his sack when going lightweight and why. Which I’m sure will be of interest to you guys.

Cheers, Bob

David Peterson

@thegeoguy

Locale: Sonoma County, CA

Another happy listener from the Colonies!! I think your interviews have been very well done; I quite enjoyed hearing Chris Townsend in the flesh and digital. Thought the interview with Golite owner Coup was interesting, given the complete deletion of Ray Jardine from the company history. You have a good, upbeat interviewing style and might want to encourage your interviewees to take a deep breath and have some fun…this whole ultralight thing is really not so bloody serious, is it??? Anyway, great job, and yet another instance when the internet can really bring us all closer together.

Bob Cartwright

@bobcartwright

Thanks Dave, I would like to get out more myself and chat to people in the field, but I also have a website to run, which takes its toll.

However, I should be chatting to Ryan when he does his winter challenge, live in the field which will be great! He hasn’t done it yet has he?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools