Topic

Heineken Pot Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Heineken Pot Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nate Meinzer

@rezniem

Locale: San Francisco

Is there any reason to cut the lid off a Heineken can when making a pot? If one just wishes to boil water, wouldn't it be easier to just use the drinking opening to pour the water in/out rather than making a lid?

Just curious…

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Nate,

I've done that w/the 12oz Heine keg cans. Works fine, It's just that it's hard / impossible to clean in the field, especially if using as a mug for hot chocolate, coffee, etc.

Todd

jeremy adley

@jeremyadley

Locale: Maine

If you chose to remove the lid you can store other pieces of your cooking system in the can.

Also with the lid removed it is easier for me to "eyeball" different volumes of water.

Jeremy

Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

I use a heini pot with the removable lid. When not in use, I store my stove (MBD Nion 3), potstand (hardware cloth), windscreen (BPL Ti), lighter (mini-bic), and small piece of camp towel (fancy paper towel) in it. Then I store the pot in my cozy that I bought from freezerbagcooking.com. The cozy is padded and helps to protect the can. It's a really nice light & compact system…..and I'll continue to say that right up until the time that the BPA (or whatever it is in the can liner) kills me.

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

then again, if you take a full Heiny can to camp, you can quickly empty it and go about your business (just a little "happier")

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools