Topic

Backpackinglight U.K

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web Backpackinglight U.K

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clifford Sax

@csax6364

Locale: East Sussex

I wanted to share my experience of the retailer backpackinglight.co.uk.

I'm sure most of the British lightweighters on here have had experience of BPL U.K but for me purchasing gear from them was a new experience. My purchase was not enormous (titanium mug, stove, spork, and aluminium sheeting). The ordering itself was seamless and the web site clearly fuelled by knoweldge,passion, and enthusiasm – impressive in itself and instilling in the purchaser (me) equal enthusiasm and above all trust. The impression was of a small cottage industry that cares about what they are doing. All great.

Item dispatch was more or less immediate and all items arrived well packaged with an accompanying card, handwritten, by Bob and Rose wishing me enjoyment with the new kit. This personal touch gave a warm fuzzy feeling but when I saw that they had also included some Skittles for me to munch on I was full of admiration. Such a small thing but, for me, full of meaning.

Now that was all great but the thing that actually motivated me to put fingers to keyboard, and the thing that transported this small business to an elevated status was the fact that tonight I received a call at home from Rose to check if I was happy with my purchases! We had a lovely chat, shared our enthusiasm, and I was able to chew Rose's ear off about new products arriving in February. Never in my 8ish years of online retailing have I received follow up. As you can probably tell, I was deeply moved and touched by the care and attention given to what was a fairly meagre purchase.

Rose and Bob seem to have a profound insight into the wants and needs of their customers and in my case it has cemented absolute dedication. In a word 'Fantastic'!

Darryl Romm

@lyrrad

Locale: Greater London

Clifford

Yeas it's a nice touch. I recently bought bush cooker and dehydrator from them, and it was delivered 8.00am the very next day and a call from Rose about 3 or 4 days later to see how I was getting on.

Regards

Darryl

Martin Rye
    BPL Member

@rye1966

Locale: UK

I have purchased many things from Bob and Rose and think the service and thought they have towards their customers is brilliant. Always the hand written note and a pack of sweets. I have had extra little bits of kit thrown in the order and a outdoor magazine once. All free of charge. They charge less than other shops as a norm and try to help with advice if asked.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools