Topic

Pot Handle

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pot Handle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sam Minnich

@samuraiprecision

I just made this yesterday. I basically copied the MSR Lite Lifter design from a picture, and freehanded it onto the aluminum sheet. It's made out of 1.5 mm aluminum. The padding on the handle is 1 mm thick sticky-backed neoprene. Total weight 23 grams. That's a whopping 20 grams lighter than my Trangia handle! It's not quite as bomb-proof as the Trangia, but it does just fine lifting my Trangia 1.5 liter pot full of water. Here's a few pics:Handle closedHandle openHandle holding pot

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

That's nice work. What was your aluminum source?

Sam Minnich

@samuraiprecision

I bought a small sheet of it at a hobby shop(I live in Germany).

Bill Fornshell
    BPL Member

@bfornshell

Locale: Southern Texas

Your looks good, I did about the same thing a couple years ago. Mine weighs 13.3 grams.

Complete instructions can be found on my thread.

Mine is made out of some 1/32" aluminum like they sell at most good Hobby Shops or Home Depot. It will lift a mostly full 1.5 L pot of water OK. The aluminum version weighs 13.3 grams or 0.47oz.

Pot Lifter Thread – 02/27/2006

Pot Lifter How to Thread

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

Oh my goodness – how I dearly LOVE this kind of stuff…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools