Topic

42% off everything at IceBreaker.com, 24 hours only

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 42% off everything at IceBreaker.com, 24 hours only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Amy Lauterbach
    BPL Member

@drongobird

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Just got this email from IceBreaker:

Until 5pm PST, Friday 30th January 2009 you can feel like you've visited New Zealand too! Purchase from icebreaker.com at the New Zealand dollar exchange rate – a saving of 42%. Just enter the coupon code "kiwi" at checkout to take advantage of this 'sweet as' offer.

Sean Walashek

@caraz

Locale: bay area

kowabunga

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

Thanks! Got a killer deal on some merino boxers and socks. It sure pays to wait for these sales to come along.

Ben R
    BPL Member

@snowfiend131

Locale: Colorado

Thanks a ton for posting this. I loaded up.

Fred eric
    BPL Member

@fre49

Locale: France, vallée de la Loire

Cannot buy from France, UK etc.. works though if i say i am in the US :p

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Locale: Richmond, Virginia

yessssssssss! i can finally get the Atlas zip in ink!

Richard D.
    BPL Member

@legkohod

Locale: Eastern Europe / Caucasus

Shipping's expensive, though.

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

I loaded up too :-P

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

I went to the site, but didn't see any indication of a sale. Do you have to be a member or something like that?

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

No, just put "kiwi" in the coupon code box during checkout. This is on the payment page after you have specified shipping address and billing address. You can put the coupon code in and have it update before putting in your credit card info, even though they're on the same page.

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Two pairs of hikers socks and an "ultralight superfine 140" t-shirt. Thanks.

Dave .
    BPL Member

@ramapo

>>No, just put "kiwi" in the coupon code box during checkout.

Right, right. Just like it says in the original post. Sorry about that…should have read more carefully.

Guess I just got excited by the prospect of all that cheap Merino.

Dave

Pamela Wyant

@riverrunner

I got several pieces. I thought the shipping was relatively reasonable, on par with about everywhere else. $11 and change on a $127 order.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

Maybe we should all email Icebreaker (with no reference to the BPL website), expressing our thanks and suggesting they do this again, real soon!

Jason Shaffer

@pa_jay

Locale: on the move....

Hey everybody,
    Coupon code "kiwi2" is working right now for 42% off.

EDIT: I don't know when it expires but it worked a second ago.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

This is absolutely the best place to buy Icebreaker on the internet right now. I recommend the Atlas short sleeve and half-zips, in ink or black, which can do double duty under a sweater for civilian use.

Note that if you see "available in store", it means you can't order it; i.e., it isn't available at Icebreaker.

Interestingly, no email reached me yet about this promotion, though it may come tomorrow. How did you find out, Jason?

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

BTW, this is another indication that, at least in the short term, the world is going down in flames. I'm resolved to go right along with it. One doesn't want to think too closely about why Icebreaker is doing this, but remember that warm clothing will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no clothing, or something like that.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

It probably indicates that Icebreaker got caught out with their 8-10 month lead in on production and now have a lot of inventory that they can't sell at their standard prices.

Their options for next year are to run a smaller inventory and or drop their prices. My guess is that they'll need to do both. There will be even less buyers next year, and having offered such deep discounts this year, those buyers will expect it again next year.

The problem with dropping inventory is keeping your suppliers happy and on board.

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

I figured i'd take some more of it off their hands.

Coupons still works as of last night.

– Dana

Rich Steixner

@neognosis

I ordered a bunch of stuff on January 28, and is has yet to show up, and my emails to icebreaker go unanswered. FWIW

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Rich, my experience during the first sale was definitely better. I placed two orders; Icebreaker let me know one item was out of stock, and refunded the cost. The two shipments, though they were sent by Fedex ground, actually came by Fedex 2nd day, everything in perfect shape. Have ordered more in the second sale, and will let you know if any problems develop.

Dana S
    BPL Member

@naman919

Rich,

My first order definitely took a long time. I received the final part of it YESTERDAY, so it takes about 3 weeks max. I ordered more last night and i'll report back when I get mine. Give it some time. Good Luck!

– Dana

Andrew King

@drewboy

Locale: Arizona

I ordered several items, but they responded later with an email to advise some items were out of stock. Turned out to be not such a great of a deal for me, since the large shipping fee could not be leveraged over all my items.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Quote from Dana 2/18: "Coupons still works as of last night."

Really? I tried two days after the "24 hour" sale and it didn't work. I just tried again and got the message "Coupon Information ! Coupon is no longer valid, it has been deactivated." That was using "kiwi" or "KIWI" or "Kiwi". When I used a made up text string the message was "Unknown coupon code."

If there's another code please do tell!

David Mann

@dmann

Locale: Colorado Rockies

James,

The code is "kiwi2". Hopefully it is still valid(it worked for me on Monday night).

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools