Topic

New Member Introduction

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Hi –

My name is Nick Gatel and live I live in Palm Springs, CA. Been backpacking since the 1960's.

My wife and I do a lot of camping in our tent trailer (about 100 nights a year). Although she likes day hiking and can easily do 15 miles on trails, she has no interest in backpacking.

All my backpacking trips are solo, and often cross-country. I try to avoid people and equip myself accordingly. On weekend trips I do go UL, to cover a reasonable amount of territory. On extended trips, my weight can and does go beyond UL, which is fine depending on the length of trip, conditions, etc.

I did upload my master gear list on BPL (using my Profile page). However, being a new member, I have no idea how one would go about looking at it.

– Nick

t.darrah
    BPL Member

@thomdarrah

Locale: Southern Oregon

Your gear list was easy to open and review. Enjoy the site.

Joe Westing

@pedro87

While in the community section of the website, just look on the right sidebar. Under "Community @ BPL" you should see a link titled "Community Gear Lists." Once you click on that, you will be brought to a page with all the gear lists people have uploaded.

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Yeah, welcome Nick! You may be new to the forums, but I think you'll fit right in given your gear list. You can access other people's gear lists (if they have them) by simply clicking on their name next to their posts.

Color me extremely jealous of how many nights a year you're able to spend outside!

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

Nick,

It's good to see you on another message board.

Jim White
    Semi-lightweight backpacker
    Semi-heavyweight popup trailer camper

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools