Topic

20% off Entire Order at REI Outlet

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals 20% off Entire Order at REI Outlet

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Spectator

@dmedlin

Locale: The Whites

http://www.rei.com/outlet

Good through 1/29

Example:
    GoLite Jam2 Men's and Women's for $52

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

thanks for the heads up… just got through buying a set of trekking poles and ul45 pack for my girlfriend on their clearance sale. I just ordered last years jam2 pack for myself. it was what i was originally looking at for replacing my bag last year. then i heard that golite was increasing the weight… so i decided on buying a conduit instead this season… but at $56 shipped to the store after tax, i couldn't resist.

Jeff Antig

@antig

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Thanks, I got a mens Jam2 as well. The only color they had left was blue which I thought looked kind of feminine. But at least it will match my Roclites and my girlfriend's blue Golite Ion

Mary D
    BPL Member

@hikinggranny

Locale: Gateway to Columbia River Gorge

Thanks! I have a grandson (unfortunately at the other end of the country) who's looking to get some backpacking gear on a college student budget. Some of this stuff might be helpful to him–I've passed it along.

Nick Chen

@fleetparadox

Locale: Socal

Quick question for you guys…

The Jam 2's sizing only goes to 17.5 in Medium (no smalls). If my torso size is 16.5-17" will the Jam 2 fit?? Unfortunately no stores in my area (Los Angeles) carry the Jam 2 so I can't try it on.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

error.

Jamie Shortt
    BPL Member

@jshortt

Locale: North Carolina

Nick, My guess is you will be fine sizing up to a medium. I've seen multiple post of people complaining that the Jam2 sizing is too small and that they had to size up to get a good fit. That being said I have compared to torso length on my Jam2 medium to my granite gear virga medium and my MLD 09 prophet medium. I would say the torso length for all 3 are nearly identical.

My theory on the fit is in the waist belt. The Jam2 uses wings so that the bottom of the "wing" connects lower then where the strap sits. ie. this causes the waist belt to ride high meaning people need to size up for it to ride well for them. Reason why I think you will be fine.

This is not an issue for me as I cut mine waist belt off my Jam2. Get last years version while you can it is a great pack, the 09 version is 5 oz heavier and costs $125.

Jamie

Jared Cook

@rooinater

Locale: Northwet

i'm an 18" torso, and i tried the medium on at the Seattle REI last season. fit me fine. worst case scenario, get the womens version of the jam2 it comes in a small. slightly different shoulder strap cut, but my girlfriend's 16" torso fit perfect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools