Topic

Pinnacle Hip Belt pockets?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Pinnacle Hip Belt pockets?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Hello,
    has anyone out there created hip belt pockets for their Golite Pinnacle. If so can you post a pic so I can get some ideas to create my own? Much appreciated, thanks.

Dave Weston

@wsuweston

Locale: NW

I am also looking to make some. Anyone make their own?

Julian Plamann

@julianp

Locale: San Francisco

I'm sorry this isn't exactly what you are both looking for, but for design ideas you may want to check out MountainLaurelDesigns pack pockets. I ordered two of the size medium (4"x6") from them for my PCT thru-hike this year and they fit perfectly on the hip-belt wings of both my Golite Jam2 and my Pinnacle packs. They can easily be sewed or safety-pinned in place to keep them from sliding around while you hike or when you take your pack off. As a bonus, they are made from the same material as the Golite bags and look pretty good (just a tad lighter than Golite's "grease" color).

For a capacity example, one of the medium pockets can easily fit my small Canon digital camera, a tube of chapstick, and my Leatherman Squirt with room to spare.

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

You might want to consider a small fanny pack instead. Worn on the front, it gives ready access to it's contents, and it can be used to carry items when you leave your pack in the tent. There are many choices out there.

Herman

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

You might want to consider a small fanny pack instead. Worn on the front, it gives ready access to it's contents, and it can be used to carry items when you leave your pack in the tent.

Ditto that suggestion, except mine is not too small.

It makes a convenient container for camera, ditty bag, FA kit, water purification stuff, TP (don't let Clelland read that:-) and other personal hygiene items.

And topped with a 4x4x1.5 inch piece of open cell foam it makes a very usable pillow.

Jack H.

@found

Locale: Sacramento, CA

I found a small fanny pack that I turned in to a hipbelt pocket. It was branded National Geographic. It was the perfect length for the hipbelt space I had (I'm skinny so it's small). Two pockets, one main one keeps my camera and another one has a fleece-y lining that's meant to carry sunglasses. I cut it up to save weight and sewed it on with dental floss. It's perfect and cost was only $5.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools