Topic

testing 1 2 3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support User Test Forum testing 1 2 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    James Waechter
    BPL Member

@weegie5

Locale: Colorado Rockies

For Christmas I received a Coleman Exponent F1 Lite lantern which I weighed at 4.4 oz (3.2 oz claimed by mfgr). Tonight on Steep&Cheap I saw the Primus Micron lantern w/piezo ignition (claimed 4.4 oz) for the same price as the F1- $35. I was torn between these two lanterns before Christmas because of the piezo ignition and seeing this tonight opened the discussion for me again.

I have the Primus Micron Ti stove with piezo ignition because I'd like to not have to carry a non-emergency book of matches. To me, a built-in igniter makes for a simpler stove.

The lantern is a "luxury" item for those trips when I can talk my wife into joining me, so it will be used sparingly.

Am I making a mountain out of a molehill here? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools