Topic

How I can regain the dazzling appearance of my machines?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear How I can regain the dazzling appearance of my machines?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    jones mariya

@jonesjajbsbfh

Hi! I am having a machine which I purchased two years back and now it has lost its dazzling appearance. How can I regain the original appearance of my machine?

Andy Bailey
    BPL Member

@andybailey

Locale: The Great Plains

Sprinkle some more dazzle on it. This trick always works for me.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

BTW, Dazzle is available in most WalMart sewing centers.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

I don't like the sprinkle on Dazzle so much. I tend to use the spray on 'BeDazzle'. This always makes it even MORE dazzling than new for me.

James D Buch
    BPL Member

@rocketman

Locale: Midwest

Is your machine plastic or metal?

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

"Hi! I am having a machine which I purchased two years back and now it has lost its dazzling appearance. How can I regain the original appearance of my machine?"

This question comes up almost every week here on BPL. It's a tough one. There are many of us here who's machines have lost their dazzle, or indeed who's machines never had any dazzle in the first place.

Anyway, like I said, this is a common question so check the archives. If I had a dollar for every time someone asked about getting their dazzle back I'd have… a dollar.

Ashley Brown

@ashleyb

ps. in addition to the above suggestions of sprinking "Dazzle" and "BeDazzle" you may also like to try "RazzleDazzle"; it's a new lightweight dazzle solution which will save you about half a pound of base weight when you are out and about with your machines.

Eric Fitz

@pounce

fo' shizzle ma nizzle

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Word!

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Locale: South East

My machine came with an insightful dvd which explained dizzle rejuvenation, but made no mention of dazzle. With this in mind, I could loan you my dvd if your machine has dizzle issues.

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

BTW if you haven't already, feel free to look in my gear room for your dazzle. I have found numerous lost items in there.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Do you know how the dazzle was lost? Or if it is, in fact, lost.

Sometimes a frazzled dazzle can't be seen, but can be made good as new with a little work.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Nah, they just need a Bedazzler

https://www.mybedazzler.com

Heehee

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Ashley,

I'm pretty sure you can't get RazzleDazzle in the US. I saw a bit of it in Vegas, but I'm pretty sure it was imported from Mexico.

Rod

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Jonathon,

I tried looking in your gear room, but I had to put sunglasses on, it was so dazzling. You should consider putting some of that in little bags and selling it online.

Rod

David Erekson

@finallyme

Locale: Utah desert

Maybe a picture would help us determine the root of the problem and fix it.

In the army, if our shoes lost their dazzle, we would apply spit and polish. The more spit the better. Maybe if you have a young dog, or know someone who does, then you have an unlimited supply of spit.

Are your sure you want dazzle? Maybe all you are looking for is bling. My daughter got these stickers at Walmart that claim to add bling to your stuff. You could maybe try those.

Matthew Roberts

@matthewjamesroberts

Locale: San Fernando Valley

Hi Jones:

I'm new to BPL but perhaps my humble input may help.

I've had a similar dazzle slump in a few of my machines, however mine appear to be a local discoloration of da dazzle. I'm looking at root causes – So far what I've found it mainly due to my sealants. If you over seal a dazzle, its bedazzle turns to dedazzle. And this screws everything up. The dedazzle spreads to other dazzle and before you know it you're left with localized discoloration dedazzle.

Air. Air is the solution. Air out your dedazzle and your dazzle may clear up.

hope that helps.

M@

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Matthew,

That sounds like a winner. Where do you buy your Air? Do you know what it weighs?

Rod

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Rod,
    -0.0012754 grams per cubic meter for air.

Perhaps Helium is a better option at 0.0001786 grams per cubic meter.

But be cautioned, the razzmatazz factor the gaseous restoration of dazzle is in questionable. Often times it leaves a residue of frazzle.

Don Meredith
    Spectator

@donmeredith

Locale: SouthEast

I bought a machine recently and it didn't have any dazzle. I didn't know enough to even expect it. Was I ripped off?

Boozer
    BPL Member

@anywayoutside

Don, don't feel alone. There are thousands of others just like you. They have no dazzle, and don't know where to turn when the lack of dazzle has left them with empty lives. Now you can count on a helping hand from Dazzle Our Lives Therapeutics. D.O.L.T. is the driving force behind "Up My Dazzle" a custom system of sauves, cremes and aromatics. We simply obtain a d.n.a. sample from you, and within hours your own "Up My Dazzle" service representative will be hard at work customizing your plan for you. If you want more information please call our 24hr toll-free help line 1-888-UPMYDAZZLE Our representatives are waiting for your call.
    Don't waste another minute of your lackluster life!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Jonathon

Tut Tut! No disclosure of what seems to be a vested interest in this company. Disgraceful!

Cheers
    PS: does your company also do homeopathic dazzle?

Matthew Roberts

@matthewjamesroberts

Locale: San Fernando Valley

Greg :
    Great idea on the Helium. I would not have thought of the potential weight savings from the 0.0001786 grams per cubic meter.

In your experience, should we be concerned with helium carbonization on the dazzle or just the residual left in the form of frazzle? – thanks for your input in advance.

Jonathan :
    shameless plug…never-the-less, I hope you receive support from the BPL community. Good luck to your business.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Matthew,
    I have launched helium in excess of 10km/sec and that will carbonize just about anything organic. (And it will make a mess of anything inorganic.) But in a "household" environment aim for high volume slow flows, say under 5m/s, to avoid frazzle and attain maximum dazzle restoration potential.

Jones Mariya – you getting all this?

Joseph Conrad

@dracon

Locale: Northeast Indiana

I am so glad for this post and all of the helpful responses. I also have been having this problem but was too embarrassed to admit it. Now finally I know what to do. I LOVE this place!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools