Topic

quick question on storing cocoon jackets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique quick question on storing cocoon jackets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tyler milke
    BPL Member

@lecherojr

my question is this, will storing it in a confined space, IE inside a pack or storage container ruin this garment, or can I keep it compressed?

thanks alot ahead of time

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

If you're storing it long-term in between hikes, definitely store it as loosely as possible, on a hanger maybe or loosely on a shelf or in a drawer.

If you're storing it during the day while hiking, again, less compressed is better for the life of the garment. Keep it in a stow sack where it has a little room to breathe, not so compressed that the stow sack becomes a 'brick' in your pack. It should be easy to put in and remove from the sack, no forcing required.

-Mark

Anonymous
    Inactive

BPL recommends storing them loosely, e.g. in a hung storage bag like those used for sleeping bags, or a drawer/box. If I remember correctly they recommend not to use a clothes hanger, but you might want to check with BPL staff on this.

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools