Topic

Autumn in Cairngorms National Park, Scotland

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Autumn in Cairngorms National Park, Scotland

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana
    JASON CUZZETTO
    BPL Member

@cuzzettj

Locale: NorCal - South Bay

Wow. That was a great photo essay. I love the way the colors were presented, light to dark. It is almost like your pictures worked their way through the day to the sun set (night fall). Great way to capture the imagination. Bravo!!!

I am a visual learner. What can I say.

More like this please. Maybe even Photo Essays that teach you to do some cool outdoor activity.

Again, way cool.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Thanks for the fall color! We don't get much of that here in my neck of the woods, just 70 shades of green. Makes me want to go to Scotland again even more. Good job.

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Chris,
    Wonderful photos and even better descriptive comments about what we are seeing (or not seeing, depending on how experienced we are) in the photos. I'm partway through your Backpacker's Handbook, and enjoy its almost lyrical tones.
    Tom

Gerry B.
    BPL Member

@taedawood

Locale: Louisiana, USA

Chris,
    Thank you for your photo essay. Having had a forestry education many years ago, it was especially interesting to read your tree and plant identification…it made your beautiful photos much more meaningful.

Norman Bradley

@normanb

Locale: New York

Thanks Chris. I went through part of the Caringorms in August, though not on foot. I was told this summer was one of the coldest and wettest in years. I found the trip across the North Sea to the Orkneys also quite cold. How did you find the weather and what equipment and clothing did you bring to prep for the trip?

Chris Townsend
    BPL Member

@christownsend

Locale: Cairngorms National Park

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate them.

Norman, the Cairngorms are my local hills so I test a wide variety of gear here. In general gear needs to be wind and waterproof. Last summer was exceptionally wet and windy, making it a good time for testing rain clothing and tents.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools