Topic

3 Re-use containers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 3 Re-use containers

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

I don't know if this is already posted somewhere. Here are a few comtainers that are easy to find.

1. These droppers are good. I get them at Wallgreens. They are called Sweet Breath. They are .125 floz and weigh about .1 oz on my scale.dropper bottles

nice thing is that it already has edible contents "breath freshiner". I use to use eyedrop bottles but they kind of worry me because of the chemicals. I wouldnt use the Sweet Breath droppers for eyedrops. They tend to retain the mint oils. I had to open up the nipple a bit with a pin for thick fluid like Dave's Insanity Sauce.

2. Mylar zip bag. I use these bags that used to contain GNC Whey Protein. They zip shut and are reasonable water tight. They weigh .55 oz. They have a pleated bottom and will sit up when filled. I don't know the exact volume of the bag.mylar bag

3. Mouthwash bottle. These are good for alcohol, fule or beverage. The cap is a good shotglass or fule measure. The bottle weighs 2 oz for 16 floz. Not super light but very durable with a built in cup.mouth wash bottle

Scott Littlefield

@sclittlefield

Locale: Northern Woods of Maine

Not bad. Here are a couple additional finds – they're not ones you can pick up at Walgreens, but still a good find.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94392

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=94391

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

Those are cheap. I can't think of any fluid I need 8oz of except fuel. Have you used those for fule? Any leaking problems with the fliptops? I have never packed a fliptop bottle I usually use a screw top for fuel. I like those 8 floz disposible water bottles, weigh .15 oz on my scale.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools