Topic

Torso Length wearable Under Quilt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Torso Length wearable Under Quilt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    john Tier
    Spectator

@peter_pan

Locale: Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA

Hammock ULers have flirted with 1/2-3/4 length under quilts and used sit pads or packs under the legs and feet. Certainly a viable concept.

JRB has just posted a limited time offer on a unique Torso Length Wearable UQ… A 2/3 length compared to standard JRB quilts, At 12.8 oz it gets the job done at about 25 % less weight. packs to 10 inch long roll of 4 inches in diameter… 3/4 inch baffle height and average loft of 1.5 inches…. all black color.

Perhaps the real beauty is that it converts to a full parka length vest with two way separating front zip…Add the JRB Hood, 2 oz, and JRB Sleeves, 5 oz, and you have a full down parka for under 20 oz.

This is a limited availability item. At this time it is not planned for JRB 2009 line…. Details are available here…http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Torso%20Length%20Wearable%20Under%20Quilt.htm

Pan

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

And if you buy the hood and sleeves, it looks like this
    Jack et

compared to the standard length quilt
    JRB size

Pictures stolen from the JRB site.
    Model available through Elite Model Management.
    Franco

te – wa
    BPL Member

@mikeinfhaz

Locale: Phoenix

thanks for listening, Jack. There are a number of people already using this size and as you have been open to suggestion it seems to me that it will be a popular item. pro'lly wont see much use until late spring?
    with a 1.5" loft am i right at a temp rating of about 45°?

as you know, my 2/3 UQ is right around 3" loft but Im sure I can add this one to my kit for spring/summer
    thanks a bunch, its great when a shop owner listens to the needs of the customer!
    (now, about that CUBEN…)

also, will this fit the BMBH?

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

congrats for thinking out of the box!

Art Sandt

@artsandt

Sorry, but why isn't this in Gear Deals? It's clearly a commercial post.

Addie Bedford
    BPL Member

@addiebedford

Locale: Montana

This has been moved from Gear Swap to Gear Deals in accordance with BPL policy. Thanks all!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools