Topic

aluminum pots and health

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition aluminum pots and health

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Darwin Roos

@darwin

Locale: Bloomington, IN

I heard that aluminum pots can have long range/short range bad health effects. Do think it's best to steer clear of aluminum pots? Why?

Darwin

[email protected]

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

You have posts there.

Really though…come on people….can we quit flogging the aluminum pot theory? The only downside of aluminum is flavoring given off and that is easily prevented by using hard anodized pots! HAA is not a chemical either. There was another thread here where I posted how HAA is done – and or you can go to Calphalon's website and read how they came up with it for cookware. Fascinating stuff.

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Calm down there Sarah. The OP is new here (under 30 posts) and had no idea the topic had been covered before.

Not everyone is as heavily involved and informed in the cooking aspect of backpacking as you are.

Darwin Roos

@darwin

Locale: Bloomington, IN

Dear all,

Thank you for the input. I appreciate it.
    Take care.

Darwin

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools