Topic

Condiment/Squeeze bottles – Food Grade

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Condiment/Squeeze bottles – Food Grade

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Norman Bradley

@normanb

Locale: New York

Looking for suppliers of small, 1-4 oz or so, for holding and dispensing small amounts home made salad dressings, oils and vinegars. Some like dropper bottles others with screw or snap caps.
    I have been using small soy sauce bottles and tiny hard plastic food storage containers but the caps sometimes leak.
    Alternate ideas welcome.

OK just to add to my own post in case anyon else is interested: The Spice Barn at http://www.spicebarn.com/

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

not squeeze bottles… but Nalgene has bottles (non bpa of course) that don't leak… as small as 1/4 ounce. I have an array of them and they haven't let me down.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Norman, if you have an Asian grocery around check them out – they make many small bottles for Bento lunches. Often you can get a big bag of various sizes.
    As always, you can wrap the neck of the bottle with Teflon tape (plumbers tape) to make it less likely to leak. This will help with any bottle that has a screw on cap.

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

The simple water bottles from the grocery store are pretty great.

Just the kind that have "spring" water in them. There are a million sizes, just search out the smallest. These may be too big. I've found they don't leak. It takes some searching to find the really small bottles, but they make 'em.

As noted above: The tiny NALGENE bottle come in all kinds of sizes, but they are not truly Ultra light.

Maybe just walk up and down the isles at the grocery store. There are SO many options of little things sold in high quality bottles. Something already exists that'll meet your needs.

Norman Bradley

@normanb

Locale: New York

My local grocery store must be pretty bad then….well that goes without saying anyway.
    I have checked my loacl Asian Grocers, no bento boxes, and not too much in kitchen related stuff either. Mostly food products. Will have to go to Chinatown to search further.
    They do have hard plastic food containers with soft lids but after about 3 or 4 uses they leak. Got a vinagrette dressing all over my lunch container. Fortunately I triple wrapped it so my work items didn't get messed up.

Thanks.

Rod Lawlor
    BPL Member

@rod_lawlor

Locale: Australia

These are outrageously expensive when compared to the 2 litre bottles of juice, but obviously they only use happy apples to make the contents.

They run about 2-3oz capacity, usually with a pop-top, and are either in the juice or baby food section

The other great lightweight jars with a leakproof lid are urine sample jars. These are about a 2oz capacity, pretty tough, and leakproof with a flanged lid. It's always fun explaining to your hiking partners that you washed them out VERY carefully before you used them for bushwalking. Of course you can always use the ones with the brown lids if you need to differentiate jars.

Rod

Mike Clelland

@mikeclelland

Locale: The Tetons (via Idaho)

You should search the NALGENE web site.

If you want leak proof bottles, these are the sure thing. Expensive and heavy (as far as UL things).

LINK:
    http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/store/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=6little bottles like this

Worth Donaldson
    BPL Member

@worth

Most pharmacies stock amber plastic bottles ranging from 2 ounces up to 16 ounces in 2 ounce increments.

We use 1 ounce vials with snap lids for liquids at the hospital. They do not leak and are tough enough to survive the tube station.

Bottle

http://www.healthcarelogistics.com/default.aspx?page=item%20detail&itemcode=7743

Unfortunately a box of 250 costs $93.70 from Health Care Logistics. They also come in a half ounce size.

Scott Winkleman

@sewinkleman

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog_name=USPlastic&category_name=14950&product_id=15096
    US Plastics Squirt Bottles

They also make ones without the squirt tops if that's what you're looking for.

Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

It's here in Seattle. Their warehouse is huge and they must have every bottle made by anybody anywhere. I picked up a 4oz aluminum bottle for alcohol there that looks like a miniature Sigg fuel bottle. For the online catalog:

http://www.specialtybottle.com

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Good company! It is where I get the bottles that we sell on our site :-)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools