Topic

How to insert hypertext into a post

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support How to insert hypertext into a post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

How do you insert a hyperlink into one of my post that would have a link to another portion of the forum?

I am posting photos of my trip in the photo gallery and I would like to have some hypertext links at the very bottom to link to other photo essays that I have posted in the gallery to make it easier for people to see the other trips that I have done.

Thanks for your help.

-Tony

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

To embed a link type the following exactly, including the quote marks –

Embedded Link

substituting your link for the stuff in quotes, and some meaningful word or phrase for the target.

(this won't work with Flickrs naming convention, which contains the '@ ' symbol)

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Greg,

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Really appreciate it.

Will try it out on my next photo essay trip report.

-Tony

Diplomatic Mike

@mikefaedundee

Locale: Under a bush in Scotland

I have always used the same to insert text, but it doesn't work for me now. Anyone know why? Anything to do with the forum changing?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools