Topic

Golite Sun Dragon II for $44.97

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite Sun Dragon II for $44.97

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

I just picked up the Sun Dragon II's for $44.97 (regularly $100) at altrec.com using coupon code COUPONEX, with free shipping.

http://www.altrec.com/go-lite/mens-sun-dragon-ii-trail-running-shoe

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I'd be interested in knowing how these hold up. My son wore completely thru the black tread layer on the trail claws, on his first trip to Guadelupe Peak. I had kind of expected them to last more than 1 day.

Chris Morgan
    BPL Member

@chrismorgan

Locale: Southern Oregon

I've had the same concerns, but with the reviews of this years model holding up much better, I thought I would give them a try. I'll post a report after putting a few miles on them.

Peter Sustr
    BPL Member

@czechxpress

Locale: Boulder

I had a pair of last years sun Dragons and they got shredded after just a couple of hikes; which sucked cause they fit like a glove.

I was on WT School 1 in Escalante with Andrew Shurka who is sponsored by Golite and he showed me the new golites which are alot better, in design and won't fall apart as easy. I think they learned there lesson and put out a better shoe this time. worth a shot!

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Hope you're right, this was after 9 miles –Golite shoes

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

9 miles? ouch!

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Don't get too excited about GoLite shoes. I've heard the whole line is being discontinued due to a conflict with Timberland which made the shoes. I hope I'm wrong because the UL shoe market needs all the help it can get as there are so few decent options.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

That's partially true. One of the guys behind the GoLite shoe designs left Timberland and is starting his own company which is going to take over manufacturing of the GoLite footwear line.

Ryan Dunne

@donryanocero

Locale: Humboldt

They feel really weird too… Your foot sits higher than with an ordinary shoe, making them feel less stable. (for me at least).

They didn't fit me well either. Montrails fit me so well they're all i wear.

I can't believe they looked like that after 9 miles though… eesh! I'm glad they didn't fit after all. :-D

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Guadelupe National Park trails are pretty brutal, almost completely rock, but still. I've got some Merrills I've worn over there 4-5 times, with no sign of wear.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools