Topic

WT3 Alum in the News

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support BPL.com News and Info WT3 Alum in the News

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Wilderness Trekking III alumnus ('07) Brian Doble champions the gospel of ultralight after his AT yo-yo :)

Jonathan Ryan
    BPL Member

@jkrew81

Locale: White Mtns

Way to go Brian. Per the interview, I can only imagine how freaked out some of the "old school" hikers must have been seeing you zip down the trail with Golite Ion.

Brian Doble
    BPL Member

@brian79

Locale: New England

Hey, thanks! I never could've completed this hike without going so light. BPL was invaluable in helping me achieve that.

Next year I'm doing the PCT, and I want to do something beyond just a typical thru-hike. No certainties just yet, what with so many options & variables. Liz suggested I shoot for a 59-day unsupported AT hike after a "warm-up" on the PCT. Hmmm…that's just one crazy idea.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

WCSH6: "Doble worked as an accountant at Bowdoin College."

Go accountants!!!

Congrats, Brian!

jim bailey
    BPL Member

@florigen

Locale: South East

Big Congrats on this huge endeavor Brian!

Not sure if this type of hike is even documented/recorded, guessing your probably the first guy with that kind of base weight doing a yo yo in the time frame this was accomplished.

Way too go, HIKE ON!!!!

Devin Montgomery
    BPL Member

@dsmontgomery

Locale: one snowball away from big trouble

Way to go Brian! Reading that article reminded me of how foreign the whole idea of ultralight backpacking is to so many people. It's strange to go back and forth between this forum and real life – I remember one night reading the BPL article on the Refuge-X when my wife was looking over my shoulder. She said it was ugly, like it was made out of wax paper. I said "yeah, but it's CUBEN FIBER! Awesome, duh!" she looked at me like I was crazy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools