Topic

Shires Tarptents 20% off

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Shires Tarptents 20% off

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

And I quote:

"We have a limited number of Contrail, Cloudburst 2, Squall 2, Rainbow, Double Rainbow, and Rainshadow 2 models in stock and on sale. The Sublite is not in stock but will be Nov 1 and we will fill backorders as soon as we get new Sublites out of production."

http://www.tarptent.com/ordering.html

David Ure

@familyguy

Nm

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Nothing like seeing Canadian buying power leveraging our US economy. Buy! Buy! Buy! :)

David Ure

@familyguy

Nm

George Phoenix

@perrito

Locale: Joisey

Why is he having this sale? Is he changing design/material?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

David — I will be visiting my folks next month — they live in Vancouver, BC. And yes, I will be bringing back stacks of smoked salmon upon return. :)

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

I'm pretty sure he has it every fall.

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

> I'm pretty sure he has it every fall.

Yes, we try to have one every year, as stock permits. We did not have one last year because stock levels were too low and this year's sale discount is the highest we have ever offered.

As for "Is he changing design/material?" the answer is no.

-H

Johnny Mueller

@polarfuchs

Locale: Vienna / Austria

That's a very good price! Since the last spring I want to by a tarptent, the 20% equalising the cost of shipping to Europe (I live in Austria, a little state consists of great alps and forests ;-) ).
    I think I want to get a Squall 2. Is there planned changes in design, material etc. in the next few months? Whats new? Is it better to wait cause a updated Squall will be a little better in details?
    I hope you can help me.

Henry Shires / Tarptent
    BPL Member

@07100

Locale: Upper Sierra Foothills - Gold Rush Country

No material changes. That model has already been through several iterations and any changes (sometime in the Spring, if we do any) would be small.

Feel free to contact me directly ([email protected]) if you have other questions.

-H

Paul Sturrock

@byblow

Sweet! I just bought a Contrail for $176 total, including shipping. I've never seen one for less than $199, which doesn't include shipping. That one purchase lowered my kit weight by 3.5 pounds.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools