Topic

Equinox Ultralight Bivy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Equinox Ultralight Bivy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Zak Randell

@zakrandell

Anyone have any experience with the Equinox Ultralight Bivy? I was considering using it with a tarp by ID or a Go Lite lair.

Steven Miller
    BPL Member

@millergear

Locale: SE

I was very pleased with mine but it was to short for me at 6′ 2″. I estimate you would need to no taller than 5′ 10″ for it to be a good fit.

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

Locale: OH--IO

Does it have a hood? For some reason I don’t remember seeing a hood on one of the Equinox bivies.

Zak Randell

@zakrandell

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

I have had this bivy for a while, it works great and is very cheap. (by comparison) it has enough of a hood to cover your sleeping bag, but has no bug netting.

there are not good pictures of the equinox but the design is similar to the Mountain Laurel designs superlight bivy.

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

The one I saw didn’t have a hood. The bottom layer formed a ground-cloth like area under your head. I think Equinox use to have a non-mummy bivy. Maybe that’s what I saw.

Zak Randell

@zakrandell

I hope I’ll fit in at 5′ 11″. Also how conducive is this bivy to side/back sleepers in a quilt?

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

if you call what the MLD bivy has a hood, then yes the equinox has a hood.
    if money is not an issue for you, a BMW vapor bivy may be a better option, because of the fully closed hood and bug netting, but it is 4 times the price of the equinox.

the cheapest I could find it was for $44. this is where I bought mine

Beyond Carolina (equinox UL bivy)

it says 2 pounds for the shipping weight but really it weighs 6.5oz.(I measured it at home, and the weight is very accurate)

paul johnson

@pj

Locale: LazyBoy in my Den - miss the forest

Tony & RyanF,

my understanding is that you both are correct. an earlier version was non-mummy and is as Tony recalls. the current version of the EqBivy is exactly as RyanF describes.

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

I see its listed at 93″ x33″, is that when it is flat? Meaning it only has a 66″ girth? If so, that might be a bit tight for me.

Any ideas what the girth is at its widest point? At the end of the foot box?

Marion Watts
    BPL Member

@mdwattsjr

I love mine. I’m 5’11 and have plenty of room. For the price this is the perfect bivy. You won’t be disappointed.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools