Topic

Who Sells Toggles ?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Who Sells Toggles ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I'm looking for the gizmos that are used to hold back netting, or a fly. Not a cord lock toggle.

They typically thread through a loop or a ring.

Montbell uses them as pad and pillow connectors.

Sources?

Thanks.

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Seattle Fabrics- http://www.seattlefabrics.com
    Excellent assortment of things
    206-525-0670

A. B.

@tomswifty

Maybe I am not understanding the application correctly but my impression is that cord lock toggles are used for this purpose. The toggle allows you to adjust the length of your thread.

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Terminology glitch: There are 2 different uses for the word 'toggle': 1. spring loaded cordlocks for adjusting the length of a cord; and 2. short, stiff rods with cord attached in the middle which, when put through a loop of cord, webbing or elastic, hold things in place. That's what you are looking for, I think.

Sorry, I've never found them for sale, so I make them out of whatever is handy. 3/8" Lexan rods and 3/8" hardood dowels cut 1" long with a hole drilled in the middle have worked fine for me. You can go down to 1/4" if you use very small holes (and small cord). Just about anything will work, though – toothbrush handles, chopsticks, whatever.

A. B.

@tomswifty

So it's basically a button. Only elongated. Maybe a button store would have something like it.

You can use a spring lock toggle in the same manner.

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

couldn't a cord lock also be used in this way? It could be pushed through a webbing loop or small o ring and then it would hold the cord just like a non-adjusting toggle and you can adjust the length of cord too! I have used them like this and find it pretty hand, a best of both worlds type of deal.

-Tim

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

I'm looking for Vick's definiton #2 – short rod……

Much easier to insert and remove than the blunt end of a cord lock.

I didn't find them at Seattle Fabric, but did send off an e-mail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools