Topic

Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Where Can I Buy Silnylon to make stuff bag for my GG Sleeping Pad?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I just purchased a Gossamer Gear Torso Pad and Thin Light full length sleeping pad, and sit pad.

The foam pad is really "sticky"/difficult to slip into my Jam2 pack.

I was thinking of making a simple Silnylon cover bag with a draw string at the top to store the pads.

My thought is that the Silnylon would be much easier to slide into my Jam2 and to store things next to it.

Yes, it would add a few ounces to my setup, but I am going from a 1 lb 8 oz Prolight 4 to a pad that totals 7.5 ounces, so I don't mind a ounce or two for the convince of easy storage/packing.

Rough Measurements of the bag that I would need would be 22" High X 13" Wide X 6" Deep/Wide.

Any thoughts on this design and where I can buy Silnylon for this project?

P.S. This would be my first MYOG.

-Tony

David Wills

@willspower3

owfinc.com

If its your first go at MYOG, you may want to get enough to make a few in case you mess up and maybe pick up some $1/yd stuff at walmart to prototype. You can always make stuff sacks if you have leftovers after success.

good luck

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Seattle Fabrics- http://www.seattlefabrics.com
    Excellent assortment of things
    206-525-0670

Tony Wong
    BPL Member

@valshar

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

David & Tad,

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me with the companies who sell fabric.

Good idea on building a protype with scraps.

Much appreciated!

-Tony

Tim Marshall
    BPL Member

@marshlaw303

Locale: Minnesota

OWFINC.com has cheapest price on sil 2nds. I also think their 2nds are the best around.

-Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools