Topic

Marking volumes on titanium pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Marking volumes on titanium pots

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

What are you using to mark volumes?

I'd prefer an indentation, but as thin as some of these pots have become I'm concerned I'll do damage. What kind of tool do you use?

If you use a permanent marker with non-toxic ink, what marker are you using?

I have guessed at volumes since I replaced my measuring cup/drinking cup.

Jeremy Greene
    Spectator

@tippymcstagger

Locale: North Texas
    Monty Montana
    BPL Member

@tarasbulba

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Tim, without the benefit of reading the above link, I thought I'd just plow ahead and share what I did. First, I used separate measuring cups for each respective gradient (1/4C, 1/3C, etc). That way the measure would be more accurate. Then, using a glass cutting wheel, I scribed a 1/2 inch line at the meniscus as I poured in each successive amount of water. It turned out to be pretty accurate, or as accurate as I need it to be out in the boonies. Happy trails!

Shane Stewart
    BPL Member

@anacrime

yeah i just scratched a line at 2 cups. you can eyeball 1 cup and 3 cups easily

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools