Topic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support avatar won’t change

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

Locale: Ontario, Canada

not sure what I am doing wrong but I can't seem to change my avatar

I try to upload from my computer and save the setting but the old one still remains

please advise

Andrew Richardson

@arichardson6

Locale: North East

I had this happen once and it sorted itself out with time.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

It looks like your avatar is different now. My educated guess is that the software BPL uses caches images so it takes a bit for the cache to be flushed and the new image to show up.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

The avatar image gets cached in your browser. Right-clicking (ctrl-click on a Mac) on the image and selecting 'View Image' will open the image. You can then refresh the browser and your new avatar should show up from then on. You can also just not do anything and eventually your browser will re-cache the image on its own.

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

thanks everyone… I still see the black and white photo… but I will give it some time

Laurie Ann March

@laurie_ann

ah… something interesting… when I did the first post since the change (the post above) it sorted out

go figure – I should have been more patient – I am just having one of those days lol

Stuart Armstrong

@strong806

Locale: Near the AT

Got it, just slow. It looked like server was rejecting it due to size though.

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

did it work?

Christopher Plesko

@pivvay

Locale: Rocky Mountains

How about now?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools