Topic

Y’all are insanely creatve

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Y’all are insanely creatve

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

"And yes … I really use them !!"

For a toothbrush? ;}

@trooper

I just went through the Similac bag that I got two days ago-no toothbrush. The Prolite 3 and Ridgerest came in handy on the hospital floor though.

Sandy Lewis

@geckohiker

I didn't know that's what they are called. I use one and the neat thing is that you can put a tiny baggy of your favorite tooth polish and some dental floss in it, that is for dental floss that will actually be used as dental floss. >^;^<

I swear by the tiny zip lock bags you can get in the craft section of your local Wally World. Either carry baking soda, or deydrate dots of toothpaste and carry in a zip bag which rolls up and goes into the inside of the finger cot.

JM Addleman
    Spectator

@jaddleman

Locale: Eastern Sierra

tonite at 11

Sandy was just your average hiking enthusiast… until she bought a dehydrator.

Now, her friends and family watch in horror as every moisture-containing item in the house is forced into her Nesco brand machine. The addiction peaked when they found her lying on the floor, clutching pounds of ground-jerky jerky to her chest and sobbing. Now the healing process can begin.

:)

all in good fun

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I think I saw it here- Don't know

Anyway there was a guy that said he put a little square of the hook side of velcro on the end of his spoon for a toothbrush.

Mike! maybe?

I meant to add- Now THAT'S insanity!

Thomas Burns
    BPL Member

@nerdboy52

Locale: "Alas, poor Yogi.I knew him well."

In fact, that's exactly what we're doing with UL – an interesting cross between survivalist instinct to carry as little as possible and live off the land and the gear-head desire to accumulate as much high-tech, cuben-fiber (for example) gear as possible.

The creators of UL gear take the best and highest technologies (modern materials used in a creative way) and apply them to traditional, minimalist BP needs.

Thus, you might use wood to cook your meals, thus freeing yourself from carrying fuel. You become closer to nature and free yourself from depending on alcohol-fuel technology, resupplying at "civilized" locales, etc. However, you're using a state-of the-art titanium Caldera Cone system to do so.

I'm reminded of telescope technology. Telescopes used to be brass-and-glass beauties with clock drives and equatorial mounts. For a period, they became Dobsonian telescopes, simple wooden boxes mounted on little hunks of Teflon. However, the change was deceptive. There's more technology buried in a square-inch hunk of Teflon than in all the clock drives and fancy mountings in the world.

However, the Dobsonian revolution made it possible to build gigantic telescopes (with high-tech, large-aperture mirrors that require very advanced optical technology to make well en masse.

Stargazer

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools