Topic

Down Booties or bivi booties

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Down Booties or bivi booties

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jason Ham
    BPL Member

@jasonham

Locale: Sierra Nevada

Anyone know of a good maker of light booties for winter use around camp after skiing? I need to find a truly light pair to wear after I shed my skate boots on long tours. Something snow proof with a little insulation would be best.

Thanks…

jacob thompson
    Spectator

@nihilist37

Try having a look at the Integral designs hot sox. Hot Sox

I’ve never tried them and I live nowhere near snow but I’ve considered buying them in case I end up in a cold area sometime.

J R

@ravenul

Montbell makes some with their excelloft insulation. Ive never used them, so have no idea if they would work, but you might want to look into them as well as the ID boots mentioned above.

Nunatak makes epic shelled down booties too.

Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

montbell makes down booties as well

Richard Nelridge
    Spectator

@naturephoto1

Locale: Eastern Pennsylvania

Jason,

You may want to consider the Feathered Friends Down Booties. They have 4 oz of down and the down filled liners can be removed to wear in your sleeping Bag.

Check this link:

http://tinyurl.com/447ma

Rich

Matthew L.
    BPL Member

@gungadin

Locale: Pittsburgh, PA

Ditto on the FF booties. Their versatility is awesome. Very warm! I love mine.

Tony Burnett
    Spectator

@tlbj6142

Locale: OH--IO

While these might not be the lightest, they can be found for less than $20 at the end of the season. I own a pair ($19). Haven’t used them yet, but mine are sized such that I can easily wear a thick sock inside and still have plenty of wiggle room.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools