Topic

Camp Fire trip to Pecos Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Backpacking Light with Scouts Camp Fire trip to Pecos Wilderness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mina Loomis
    BPL Member

@elmvine

Locale: Central Texas

I just posted a Trip Report, in that forum, about our Camp Fire youth trip to Pecos Wilderness, NM, in July. Thought I'd put a note here, in case readers of this forum are interested. Camp Fire is, obviously, not a BSA program, but Camp Fire Girls was the original girls' counterpart to Boy Scouts, founded in 1910 by some of the same people who were involved with founding Boy Scouts in the US. CF changed to include everyone in 1975, so now we have coed outdoor programs for all ages. Our local council's backpacking program includes kids beginning at 6th grade age. We have at least 4 weekend training trips during the school year, and plan a summer trip to the mountains if the kids' schedules permit.

Anyway I hope it's OK to post here, since we are all involved in taking youth in groups into the backcountry.

Joe Clement
    BPL Member

@skinewmexico

Locale: Southwest

I read the report, need to read it again. I think we're bailing on Philmont, and going to either the Wheeler Peak Wilderness, or Pecos this summer. Probably Wheeler Peak, since we can camp in my yard the first night, and be 3 miles from the trailhead.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools