Topic

Titanium Tent Stakes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Titanium Tent Stakes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Eric Fitz

@pounce

I suggest rubber grommets. You can get them at auto parts stores. They are used to protect electrical wire from being cut when running through sheet metal. You can probably find them at any stereo install shop as well. You just push then in the hole and a rubber lip surrounds both sides.

If those are too heavy just use heavy wire and or even a cotter pin and loop it through a hole and then tie to that. Maybe even try searching for nylon arrow clips. These are plastic plugs that have a loop body. You could push one through a hole and run your cord through it…

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

Erik, thanks, all good ideas. I won't be heading out again until the new year, but maybe I'll try a different technique on each one to see which I like best.

Daniel Fosse

@magillagorilla

Locale: Southwest Ohio

Maybe you could put tabs at the top of the stake and fold them over to make an open box shape. If you put holes in the tabs you would have your top hole. I was also thinnking you could pound in an eyelet to reduce line friction. Eyelets are pretty light. Using the tabs with holes you would have a flat circle that may accept an eyelet. See picture….

ti-stake boxtop

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools