Topic

Suunto MC-2G Navigator Compass Suunto MC-2G Navigator Compass on sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Suunto MC-2G Navigator Compass Suunto MC-2G Navigator Compass on sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    raj nag

@rajnag21

Locale: Currently NY

Hi All,
    I was wondering if these two compasses are the same. EMS support said its the same but I wanted to post in this forum to confirm.
    REI:
    http://www.rei.com/product/652898

EMS:
    http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_detail_square.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441778139&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302160883

Thanks for your assistance !

Christopher Holden
    BPL Member

@back2basics

Locale: Southeast USA

No. They are not. EMS is selling an MC-2. The one from REI is part number MC-2G (make note of the G). G is for Global. The ones without are designed to work in a specific zone. The difference was explained on Suunto's website when I was looking to get this a few months ago. I still am, but without the rush, I'm waiting to catch it on clearance sale or find one used. Until then, my old $5 Silva still gets me around.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

They're slightly different.

The REI one is the MC-2G which has a global needle and superior performance over the EMS one which is the MC-2D.

MC-2D

MC-2G

raj nag

@rajnag21

Locale: Currently NY

Chris and Christopher,
    Thanks for your information. I posted my question when I was not able to find information on the suunto site. I went back to the site for a second look and see what you guys are talking about.
    I want the 2G. Do you guys know if it comes with metric or the non metric scales ?
    I would prefer the metric because that's the system in use in india.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

Looks like it's in miles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools