Topic

Admin: “Last 50 Posts” Option

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Admin: “Last 50 Posts” Option

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Admin,
    The number of posts not related to backpacking is overwhelming the "Last 50 Posts".

In the next iteration please consider making the forum pool for the "Last 50 Posts" user selectable.

Or create 2 functions – one for Backpacking and one for Personal Philosophy.

Thanks.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

+50

Adam Rothermich
    BPL Member

@aroth87

Locale: Missouri Ozarks

+50, indeed.

My mind isn't going to be changed because I'm told I'm ignorant for ignoring the "obvious facts." Take it to The Political Arena over on the Backpacker.com forums, they love that kind of stuff.

Adam

Mina Loomis
    BPL Member

@elmvine

Locale: Central Texas

I used to do the "Last 50 Posts" thing. No longer.

Instead, I go to the Forum Index, and look at the most recent post date for each forum in which I might be interested. If the date is after whenever I last looked, I open the forum, which shows the threads in order of most recent post. I only open threads of interest to me, that have last-post dates for after I last looked. Inside the thread, "new" posts are indicated, which helps me zero in. This approach avoids the difficulty of identifying threads when the post "Subject" lines shown in "Last 50 Posts" are different from the original thread "Subject."

This eliminates most of the frustration I used to feel in toggling in and out of posts only to end up in threads I've already read or that have gone in uninteresting directions.

Mina

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools