Topic

12g,my wood burning stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear 12g,my wood burning stove

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ke wu

@asidesign

Locale: Block seven

mark henley

@flash582

COOL!

What is the inner made of? I assume that the outer is aluminum foil?

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Ke,

Wow, that flame pattern looks great! Any chance you could post a picture of it disassembled? Also, do you find that it needs a windscreen?

Keith Selbo
    Spectator

@herman666

Locale: Northern Virginia

How fast does it boil a cup of water? Include starting temperature.

ke wu

@asidesign

Thanks, Mark~ The inner is made of a beer can,and the outer is aluminum foil.

ke wu

@asidesign

Hi~Jason,The disassembled parts are only two, one is plain beer can being cut the top off, and another one is a piece of aluminum foil.I think a windscreen is helpful in all conditions.

ke wu

@asidesign

Hi Herman,
    Sorry for not providing you the test report of this concept version(the usage of aluminum foil in wood burner). You would know that I only use a bigger one for actually use,which is made of an iron inner and a piece of aluminum foil, the actually effect is good.

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

ke wu,

Aluminum inner chambers on wood stoves don't usually last very long. I like your simple design, though. Do you have any photos of the stove after a few hours of burn time?

ke wu

@asidesign

Hi~Colin,
    Unlike other wood burning stove,this one is so small that it won't be melt simply because the temperature in inner chamber is always below its melt point(660C). Surely, it is impractical in both aspects of room and hardness. If you prepare to burn over hours,try another one.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools