Topic

A French gear list : vosges summer 2008

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists A French gear list : vosges summer 2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    B DMC

@beanael

Locale: France

Hello

It's my first message on BPL, and even if I did not take part, I read with interest …
    My English, although improved, is still far from reaching such a level that I can be reactive. But I'm learning.

Let me present a list of equipment for hike to vosges this summer. The trip is Saverne – Belfort, for 8 days.

This list is not original, many objects have been ordered in the U.S. …

Vosges summer 2008

Thanks you
    Merci
    @+
    Benoit

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Hi Benoit
    If I am not mistaken it is a moderately low region (below 1500m ) so your gear list looks well balanced . ( I have relatives in Culoz and Geneva but have not seen your area) You could save a bit of weight with the mat and the sleeping bag, but it would be expensive for the gain.
    I noted that you have the Contrail (don't forget to add a front and rear guyline, in case of wind or heavy rain) and my favorite Opinel knife. I just love the look and feel of them. (I have been watching the Tour, it went through Saint Jean de Maurienne a few days ago).
    I noticed you have 10x Arklight stakes, are they all the same ?
    I prefer to have a couple of nail stakes (for hard soil and to use to make the hole for the rest if I have to) some Y stakes and longer Easton for soft soil and/or to jam inside/between rocks.
    Franco

Opinel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools