Topic

Thermarest vs Micropuff

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Thermarest vs Micropuff

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Since they possibly make the Thermawrap in my size now and no one stocks them within 150 miles I have always wondered how it compares to the Patagonia Micropuff Pullover I have. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has an XL or XXL what are the measurements on the torso? Thanks.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

I have both the Thermawrap (2005- no pockets) and Micro Puff Pullover (Fall 2006- Polarguard Delta)and can say that they are both good jackets. The Thermawrap is lighter, but not as lofty or warm as the Micro Puff. I use the Thermawrap down to the high thirties and the Micro Puff when I expect colder tempretures (I rarely see temps below the mid teens and never below zero). I carry the Thermawrap more due to it's lighter weight and it suffices for most of my three season trips, but for someone further north, the Micro Puff might be more practical.

BTW: I think you mistyped your title.

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Yes I did. Too many names that are too close on the gear nowadays.

I think my XL Puff weighs around 12oz and a Thermawrap in XL or XXL will probably weigh 11-12 as the large weighs 9.8 so there is not much weight savings to justify buying a new one.

Mike W
    BPL Member

@skopeo

Locale: British Columbia

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

I wish I could come close to a 22". I think it has to be at least 27" to hit my waist and 30" so that I can bend over slightly.

CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

You have a 27-30" torso? Are you 8 ft tall?

Stumphges
    BPL Member

@stumphges

Thermawrap has 1/3" single-layer of loft while Micro Puff has 1/2" single-layer loft.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools