Topic

6 L / Qt Aluminum pot

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) 6 L / Qt Aluminum pot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Has anyone heard of or seen a lightweight 6 Litre or Quart Aluminum pot? I can find 4 and 8 but would like a 6.

Thanks,
    Mike

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

This is for a bath, right?

Mike Barney

@eaglemb

Locale: AZ, the Great Southwest!

Group Bath. Actually, it's an ideal size for a trek of 12, but I haven't found any.

Existing 8 qt pots seem to be thicker than the 4 qt pots & much heavier.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Just bear in mind that a very wide pot may be a serious health hazard if used over a fuel stove.

I know of one case where the heat radiated back down from such a big group pot caused the fuel tank on a well-known white gas stove to get so hot it exploded, spraying two people with burning white gas. A year later and the plastic surgery was still in progress.

Cheers

Lynn Tramper

@retropump

Locale: The Antipodes of La Coruna
    Brad Groves
    BPL Member

@4quietwoods

Locale: Michigan

Allison's right on top of it again! Evernew was the first thing I thought of, too. Pretty reasonable weights/prices given the size of the pots. Just thinking "out loud" here, could you consider the mini-kegs at about five liters and pretty light? Would that be close enough? That said, the Evernew stuff would be pretty great…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools