Topic

Los Angeles area meetup?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Los Angeles area meetup?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I'm still around and willing to meet whenever.

I'll also post this separately, but I was actually wondering if anyone in the area would be interested in a fairly fast UL/SUL (or whatever style you feel like going in) thru-hike of the Silver Moccasin Trail (from Chantry Flats in Sierra Madre/Arcadia to Mt. Baden Powell/Vincent Gap in the Angeles NF).

The trail is about 55 miles, just something local I've eyed for a while but have never done. I was thinking of doing it in one night and two days, packing for a second night just in case I'm slowed down somehow. The faster option would be starting at the high point and going down.
    I still need to ask around as to the water situation along the route- I know many of the local streams are running really low right now.
    I'm thinking about sometime mid Sep. to early October, definitely on a weekend, probably taking Mon. off to be able to chill (and drink plenty of beer at Lucky Baldwin's Pub in Sierra Madre upon exit…)

Anyone game?

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

Locale: Sudamerica

I sent a PM to Colleen to find out if she can make the meet and, if she can, work with her schedule. We'd tried this in the spring with no success. I want to accommodating. Do you guys have a preference, day/night, thur/fri?

Craig,
    That's exactly my kind of trip. But I'm on the mend, it's been 6 weeks now, and I don't know yet when I can shoulder a pack. I've only walked up to 8 miles since the accident. With a base weight of sub-6, 4lbs food, and hopefully no more than 2L water, I'm thinking of a single strap pack of 14 lbs. I'm crossing my fingers. I just gotta get out.

-Michael

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

The pack weight you describe is exactly what I'm looking at…No big hurry- if you're interested I can wait a bit. Do you think you'd be ok in a few weeks?

As to when where I could meet with people, I'm back at work in Culver City and bike commute through DTLA all the time. Thu, Fri, Sat or Sun. are always open; Thu/Fri after 2:00pm.
    Take care

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

I haven't heard back from Colleen, she'll make it some other time. I'll be downtown with clients on Friday, not sure how long. I might be out at around 2PM. Craig, want to met up then?

Nick you haven't mentioned what schedule would work for you. Maybe when we can get a few more peeps involved we'll schedule something convenient for everyone.

-Michael

Hiker 816
    BPL Member

@hiker816

Locale: Denver

I can probably meet Friday. I'll keep an eye out for a post with a time and place.

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

Chris, do you have a time preference at all? Like, not before 5PM.

Hiker 816
    BPL Member

@hiker816

Locale: Denver

I can probably get out for a quick lunch, or a quick dinner or something any time after 5:30 or so. But don't plan around me — there is always a possibility work will keep me from getting out at all.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

I won't be able to do Friday…I'm marathon training and have to get my long run in due to a busy weekend.
    I could do next week but don't wait on me if you're all going now.

Take care…

Michael Skwarczek

@uberkatzen

I'll be downtown Friday available for lunch if anyone is interested in hooking up. Otherwise, really, I'm mobile all day, any day and am really into meeting any other UL'ers.

Drop me a line: michaelATdepletedDOTnet

-Michael

Douglas Prosser
    BPL Member

@daprosser

Locale: Camarillo, California (SCAL)

I live in Camarillo & work in Woodland Hills. Anyone out there interested in getting together??
    Doug Prosser
    [email protected]………

Viewing 10 posts - 26 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools