Topic

Big Agnes Pitch Pine $159 + free shipping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Big Agnes Pitch Pine $159 + free shipping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gabe Thomas

@gt_73

C&C Outdoors has the Big Agnes Pitch Pine 40 degree sleeping bag for $159.00 with free shipping. I know there have been a number of bad C&C reviews on this site (I checked AFTER I ordered the bag) but my experience was pretty good. Ordered July 2nd and got it on the 11th. Seemed I might have been getting the run around because when I inquired several days after ordering I got the same quick reply that I would soon be getting a tracking number (some people report this to be the beginning of many emails resulting in nothing), but a couple days later I got a tracking number and I now have the bag! Very happy and worth a little extra wait not to have the weight.

Jason Matte

@g5man

Ordered two of these a week ago. No shipping yet but keeping my fingers crossed. They also haven't billed my credit card yet.

How are the bags?

Gabe Thomas

@gt_73

I would email C&C and inquire about the shipping status. That seemed to be what got the ball rolling for me. I haven't been able to test the bag outdoors yet. I mated it with a POE Ether Thermo6 pad. The fit is perfect. It has a slightly different system than other BA bags I've seen for holding the pad in place. It is as if the majority of the sleeve has been removed from the center leaving two sewn in straps and pockets at the foot and head area. You slide the pad through the two center straps and then in to the end pockets which envelop the ends of the pad. I got in the bag and did some tossing and turning to see how it would handle it and it seems like it does a good job of keeping the bag in place while allowing me to turn. The zipper zips down to about two feet from the end of the bag. Getting the zipper fully closed while in the bag with the pad in place takes a little effort because as it zips up around the shoulders it gets tight from the pad holding the bottom of the bag down. Once zipped, the bag didn't seem too tight around my shoulders though. The stuff sack measures 7" x 13" with the bag in it. It could easily fit into a much smaller sack. I think I fit the bag, but will wait until I've slept in it to say for sure. I'm 6' and went the 5'10" rated regular. Due to my slender build (150 lbs) I figured I could get away with it. I definitely would recommend the long to anyone wanting any extra room or anyone even slightly larger than me. Hope the info helps.

Jason Matte

@g5man

Thank you very much for your nice reply.

My wife just emailed me this morning to tell me both our pitchpine bags came. :)

She took as bunch of pictures for me. Now I want to go home from work and check them out.

Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple of nights camping in the weekend, but the weather is looking terrible right now :(

Well from my perspective C&C is absolutely the cheapest place to get these bags. In the end they came through..it took a little while but definitely worth the weight (lol). I'll post a review of the bag after I get it out in the wild.

Patrick Young
    BPL Member

@lightingboy

Locale: Midwest

Have you used your Pitchpine yet? What temps have you had it down to? Did you use supplemental clothing and what was it.
    Thanks in advance.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools